Friday, October 1, 2010

Long over due!

I am not sure how many people actually look at my blog anymore, but I tried to put pictures in an email, and there were too many pictures. With school starting for the kids and daddy, moving, recovering from surgery, fixing up the new house, swim lessons, soccer, and my new and very annoying seizures, life has been CRAZY!
Here are a few highlights, and some of our favorite pictures (although I should have put the ones that are at the bottom at the top and the top at the bottom).

Daddy's white coat ceremony.
Look at how big my son is getting!!!!



Shaking hands with someone important from his program.


Daddy and his friend Joe. He sees all 160 people in his program everyday in his classes.




Honestly, whose kid is this?!




I love that my kids love dressing up, and yes, that is J, he is just wearing clothes for once.



C's favorite thing to do. Make messes!




First day of school.





Another couple of faves. I told you the first one was one of many!




We went with our good friends up to Lake Michigan for our summer vacation. Because of my surgery, we were not able to make it back to see our families. Thankfully, Lake Michigan is only about three hours from our house. Our friends were planning to go as well, so we went together and decided to make it a yearly event. Speaking of which, Aimee, if you see this, I am planning to just make you a CD with all the pictures.
Our friends brought a game like "Go Fish" where you have to make the face like the picture on the card. The next few are of them playing the game. Just so ya know, it is a way fun game.




We got to roast hot dogs and marshmallows. Just so you know, K is the best at roasting the perfect marshmallow.


We loved Lake Michigan because there was soft sand, waves like the ocean, and great campsites. I don't think W came out of the water except when it was time to go.
K had a hard time deciding if she wanted to be in the water or playing with her friend in the sand.


Unfortunately, C was not a big fan of the water. He did enjoy trying to eat the sand though.



J was about the same as W; he loved the water!



Last day of swim lessons.


The kids and daddy got to go for a ride on the city bus as part of one of the programs the library did. They also got to go through the bus wash and see where and how the busses are fixed.


This was his only other request--besides a skateboard cake--that we go play tennis.


Poor J, he gets all of the left overs from his big brother's cakes. Their birthdays are so close together, it doesn't make sense to make more cakes or frosting. Thankfully, all he cared about was that he got a skateboard cake, regardless of what it looked like.


This is of course one of our favorites, when I say one, I mean one of MANY! This little boy is one special boy! This is very classic attire for him!


Our first temple trip took us a little longer than planned. Traffic was crazy in Chicago! Not to mention the toll roads, and I have decided that getting lost is the best way to find where you are! Chicago was amazing, even if we did just see the outskirts of it. It would be nice to have a temple closer, but I love the idea that my kids see how important it is for us to make it there. Even if it is only every three months.

6 comments:

10zfam said...

cute family. sorry about all your medical problems. hope everything turns out. where are you living now?

ps- i have that same purple shirt you are wearing on your bike

Casandra said...

Mandee It is so fun to see your family! They are getting so big! My family says hello and we hope all is going well! Love you!

Emily said...

I'm not sure exactly where you live, but it sounds like you are getting your wish to have a temple closer! We are so excited to have a temple in Indiana!

It sounds like things have been very busy! I hope you are feeling better!

Shelley Gee said...

I still read your blog and I have been waiting for an update on how you are doing!! It sounds like things are busy but good. I hope it stays that way for you!!

Tanya said...

awww! Love the pics! Your kiddos are all grown up! Miss you guys!! :)

DebLawson said...

LOVE the update, Mandee! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun in your new area and new school. Lake Michigan looks amazing. I would love to go there one day. Look at all these cool new adventures your family is having! And congrats to Jeff for starting up his new program. Bet he loves not having to teach anymore!! We missed seeing you guys, of course, but are glad you all are doing so well. Hope you can stay nice and healthy from now on! Your kiddos are getting so big. We miss you!