Friday, November 6, 2009

He is home!

I don't think I could emphasize that title enough to express my true joy and excitement about having my baby home. I have always said that I did not want to have my baby in the NICU and you would not think that at 38 and a half weeks my baby would have to be there, but he was and it was horrible the first few days. I soon learned to trust the doctors and the Lord to do what was best for him. Because as his mother I thought I knew and both times I was wrong, and they were right. Oh how the Lord chasens us.
He was born on Oct. 28 (happy birthday Chloe and Santyna). He weighed 7 15.8 pounds
and was 20 3/4in long. We had to put him in the NICU because he thought it would be fun to stop breathing early that morning. He was put on oxygen for a day and then on a monitor for the past 9 days. He had to have the little thing under his tongue clipped and then he was able to eat and breath at the same time.
Needless to say he is home and healthy, although I will not be able to stop watching him day or night because I can't stop worrying that he is not breathing.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

He is a little cutie! I pray he continues to grow healthy and strong. I can tell by your posts you are a wonderful momma.

Tanya said...

Oh I am so happy for you. I can imagine you're up watching him! I'm glad that he was well taken care of and I hope you are all doing very, very well.

Kristyn said...

Congrats on the sweet new baby, and welcome to the club of NICU moms. You develop deep appreciation and lifelong love for those medical professionals that care for your babies. After having Mason in the NICU for a month, I definately learned to trust in the Lord as well and take each day at a time. Do you have an apnea monitor? I hate those things. Good luck with your baby. I am sure he will continue to grow healthy and strong!

Jon and Heidi said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. And I can't remember what you named him. So glad that he is doing well now and remember that the Lord knows what is best.

Dr. Dave said...

Yay for baby being home!!!

Mylissa 2 said...

Congrats! I am so glad everything is okay, sorry you had such a scary experience. He is so adorable!!!!

Ben and Darci said...

I can't believe you have FOUR now. Are you nuts!!! Just teasing :) Glad he is finally home. Having your baby away from you for that long sound horrible. I didn't get to hold Malia until 10 hours after she was born and that was bad enough! He is CUTE!!!!!!

Emily said...

I am so glad he is home! I hope all is well. I'd love a post about tips on being the mother of four. I'm sure you'll have time to write one about the time they all go to college.

Congrat!